Project Manager (Research Interventions Program)
The Center for Policing Equity
New York, NY
About the Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) conducts research that uses evidence-based, data-driven approaches to create more racially equitable policing practices.
CPE is looking for a skilled Project Manager with a passion for social justice to join our rapidly growing organization.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating and tracking projects related to CPE’s National Justice Database (NJD). The NJD is the nation’s first and largest collection of standardized police behavior (e.g., vehicle stops, pedestrian stops, use of force, complaints against officers, etc.). The Project Manager will work on our Research Interventions program with a rapidly growing, interdisciplinary, geographically distributed team of scientists, researchers, methodologists, and engineers to manage the end-to-end production of key research products, with the ultimate goal of eliminating burdensome and racially disparate policing.
The Project Manager will manage the day-to-day activities of the team, including:
- Ownership of meeting agendas, after actions, and assigning follow ups
- Risk management and mitigation
- Scheduling and resourcing
- Routine tracking and reporting on project deliverables for internal and external stakeholders (i.e., data collection, report production status, analyses, survey administration, etc.)
- Longer term strategic planning in collaboration with the Program Manager and VP of Research Interventions
- Supporting a team of research scientists and scholars as they produce papers and other academic, empirical research products
- 2-4 years of work experience in project management, preferably in a small, flexible, and high-performing environment
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Ability to proactively surface and diagnose problems and find solutions
- Superior attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational and critical-thinking skills needed to work effectively on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply new tools and processes to a growing organization
Other Relevant Qualifications (desired, but not required)
- Proficiency in project management tools and methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Kanban) as well as PM software (e.g., JIRA, Asana, etc.)
- Ability to understand research projects and activities sufficiently enough to develop plans to execute upon them
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Experience working with software engineering teams
- Interested in data and data insights
- Completion of certifications in project management (e.g., PMI, PMP)
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. However, applications received after June 1, 2019 will receive delayed consideration.
Please submit the following materials to apply:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your submitted CV should be labeled, “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.”