Program Manager (Administration and Operations)
Program Manager (Administration & Operations)
The Center for Policing Equity
Los Angeles, CA
About the Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) uses evidence-based approaches to social justice problems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
About the Administration & Operations Program
The Administration & Operations program is responsible for a wide variety of critical tasks that enable CPE to run smoothly and efficiently. The primary functions within this program include: Talent & Culture (recruitment, hiring, and human resources); Org Administration (office management, contracts & legal affairs, grant administration, and university relations); and Finance (bookkeeping, fundraising & development, and financial planning). All of this work currently lives with the Executive Director’s office and will quickly expand to include additional staffers and program leaders over time.
CPE is looking for a skilled Program Manager with a passion for social justice issues. The Program Manager will leverage their background in project management, stakeholder engagement, and change management to help scale their program’s work, drive efficiency, and build cohesion and collaboration across a diverse, geographically distributed team. This role will also collaborate with Program Managers across the central, org-wide Program Management Office (PMO) to establish, promote, and enforce CPE’s standards for project management and operational protocols.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Program Management, and collaborates closely with the Executive Director, who owns the roadmap and strategic priorities of the Administration & Operations program.
- Project Management: Plan and manage multiple related projects of varying scope/complexity while meeting deadlines
- Risk Management: Proactively identify risks to the program’s success, and work with teams and org leadership to mitigate these risks before they become issues
- Stakeholder Engagement: Clear communication and distillation of complex ideas into easy-to-understand language, for diverse audiences including org executives, junior staff, and external partners
- Process Evolution and Change Management: Work with the PMO to develop, enforce, and improve established processes, tools, standards, and documentation needed to successfully execute strategic initiatives across the program
Desired Qualities and Skillset
- Bachelor's degree / 5+ years of Project or Program Management experience
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply new project management tools and processes to a growing organization
- Exceedingly strong communication skills (both written and verbal), with a passion for distilling complex ideas into language that is easy to understand
- Be a strong team player, assisting the overall team and peers to achieve success
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. However, applications received after June 1, 2019 will receive delayed consideration.
Please submit the following materials to apply:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your submitted CV should be labeled, “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.”