Research Scholar (National Justice Database)
Research Scholar (Part-Time or Full-Time)
About The Center For Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is a research and action think tank that, through evidence-based approaches to social justice, conducts research and uses data to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
The Research Scholar plays an important role in translating our research into compelling prose that communicates the importance of CPE’s findings to multiple audiences. The Research Scholar will spend the majority of their time writing papers and reports in collaboration with statistical specialists that leverage data from the uniquely robust and ever-growing National Justice Database. The National Justice Database is the first and largest database on police behavior in the country (e.g., vehicle stops, pedestrian stops, use of force, complaints against officers).
- Author reports for police departments participating in the National Justice Database project
- Distill and translate technical analyses in writing for multiple audiences, including law enforcement professionals, academics, and the general public
- Extensive experience writing for multiple audiences, with a particular focus on policy and academic audiences
- In-depth understanding of social science methodology
- Proven ability to manage projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Exceptional ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Superior research and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. However, applications received after June 1, 2019 will receive delayed consideration.
Please submit the following materials to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Two representative writing samples (peer-reviewed scholarship and scholarship currently under review is preferred).
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your submitted CV should be labeled, “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.”